"Yack and Back" - Ride Republic E-MTB Tour
- Varighet: 5 Timer (ca.)
- Produktkode: RR-1D-YACK
About the ride
The Yack and Back ride is an epic. Connecting the stunning goldfield towns of Beechworth and Yackandandah, the ride takes you through the heart of the Yackandandah goldfields and includes a variety of terrain and bushland.
The ride starts at the Old Beechworth Gaol and quickly has you climbing out of Beechworth towards the forests between Beechworth and Yackandandah. The ride has a considerable amount of climbing (no problem for the E-MTBs!) and you will notice subtle changes in the terrain and flora as you climb and descend at different points of the ride.
With Yackandandah at the half way point you can stop and have a good look around this awesome little town and grab something to eat and drink before tackling the second half of the ride. You will be glad you are on an e-bike as you meander up the picturesque valley along Twist Creek Road and you will be REALLY glad you are on an e-bike as the road gets steeper and steeper! The ride ends back in Beechworth with pizza and drinks at Bridge Road Brewers.
This ride is only available with a Ride Republic guide ($270 per group). The area between the two towns is quite remote, and about 50% of the ride is through pine plantations on roads that are confusing due to the similarity of the trees, the density of the plantings, and the poor road signposting. A Ride Republic personal guide prevents you from getting lost, provides encouragement and local knowledge and also handles mechanical support in the remote areas. (Also, with a guide you will get to go to some other spots only the locals know about. Shhh!). The guide fee of $270 will be applied at checkout.
- Hire of a Giant Fathom E+2 Pro or Giant Liv Valle E+2 Pro Electric Mountain Bike
- A coffee, tea or cold drink before the ride
- Snack in Yackandandah during the ride
- Pizza and drinks in Beechworth after the ride
- Your own personal Ride Republic guide who will ride with you and support you along the route
- On call Cycling Concierge to answer any of your questions before, during and after your adventure
- Smiles all round on the e-mountain bikes!